The new iPhone 7 will likely be unveiled on September 7: Here’s what to expect
Here is the later update on your most awaited phone from Apple.
August 29, 2016 update:: something’s happening on September 7 — and it’s most likely the debut of the iPhone 7 (and the Apple Watch 2).
As was rumored for the past few weeks, the company will indeed be hosting an event on the first Wednesday in September; we now know it’s scheduled for 10 a.m. PT and going down at the Bill Graham Civic Auditorium in San Francisco. This puts us on track for a likely retail release on September 16 or 23.
Here’s a quick rundown of what to expect from Apple at that September 7 event. As a reminder, these range from official reports from anonymous sources to flat-out rumors and educated guesses:
- New 4.7-inch and 5.5-inch iPhone models, presumably called the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus, respectively.
- Very similar physical designs to the existing iPhone 6S and 6S Plus. (A radically redesigned iPhone with no home button is said to be coming in 2017.)
- A larger, improved camera on the iPhone 7, plus a dual-camera system exclusive to the larger the iPhone 7 Plus.
- No headphone jack on both new phones.
- A pressure sensitive home button, using technology similar to that found on the 3D Touchscreen.
Read more: http://www.cnet.com/products/apple-iphone-7/