Battle of selfie smartphones: HTC Desire Eye vs Micromax Canvas Selfie
“Are you fond of taking selfie? Perhaps you want a new phone with the best camera to capture your selfie moments. If you are now considering a new gadget for your best selfie experience, here is a quick review of two technologies being used for selfie smartphones.”
Selfie, a term which is now used by everyone and everybody loves taking selfies on every single occasion or just may be sometimes, people click some casual selfies. Let it be a house party or a festival or an event, selfies are now ruling the social media and now, people are conscious about the front camera, as much as they care about the quality of the rear camera so most of the manufacturers are concentration on the selfie camera as well, and putting them in their handsets. Today, we will talk about two of them, HTC Desire Eye, which was launched in October 2014 and Micromax Canvas Selfie, which was launched in December 2014. We will discuss about the specs, camera quality and price of both the phones and will compare them. So, let’s start the HTC Desire Eye vs Micromax Canvas Selfi battle, but before that let’s take a look t the key specs of both the phones.
HTC Desire Eye
This phone from HTC was launched in October 2014, and may be it was one of the first phones to have a very powerful front facing camera. Though in India, it was launched after a little delay, but HTC Desire Eye was much hyped on the web and it has been a pretty good choice for selfie enthusiasts.
- 5.2 inch capacitive touch screen with resolution of 1080×1920 pixels.
- Powered by 2.4 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801.
- 2 GB of RAM and 16 GB of internal storage which can be expanded up-to 128 GB via microSD.
- Camera: 13 MP of front and rear with dual flash.
- Android version: 4.4 KitKat.
- Connectivity features: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n. GPS, Bluetooth v 4.00, micro USB, 3G. Single regular GSM SIM.
- 2400 mAh Battery.
- Colors: Red, White, Blue.
Micromax Canvas Selfie
Micromax Canvas SelfieMicromax, the Indian smartphone manufacturer launched Canvas Selfie last year in December. In case of camera, it is similar to HTC Desire Eye in case of resolution, but the phone was prices much lower, just the half of HTC Desire Eye. But, it differs a lot in terms of hardware and specs.
- 4.7 inch capacitive touch screen display with resolution of 720×1280 pixels.
- 1.7 GHz octa-core processor powered with 2 GB of RAM
- Internal storage of 16 GB with expandable up-to 32 GB via micro SD card.
- Flash LED for both front and rear camera. 13 MP front and rear camera.
- Android version: 4.4 Kit-Kat